Would you like to win a pair of tickets good for the movie of your choice at the Chagrin Documentary Film Festival? Then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address. We'll draw one lucky winner at midnight Friday October 3 rd. If you win, you'll be contacted by email and we will post your name on the blog. That's all there is to it.
Celebrating its fifth year, the Chagrin Documentary Film Festival is being held Oct. 8 to Oct. 12 in Chagrin Falls, OH. The 68 selected documentaries represent the work of filmmakers from 20 countries and focus on a wide range of thought-provoking topics. The Festival was named to MovieMaker Magazine’s “Top 50 Film Fests Worth the Entry Fee” list in both 2013 and 2014.
Festival highlights and special events include:
- 68 films, representing 20 countries shown over five days at various Chagrin Falls locations
- Pre-Festival 5K race on Sunday, October 5 to benefit the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society’s Northern Ohio Chapter
- Festival Opening and Closing Night Events – Kick-off the Festival with a preview of highlighted films and the 2014 opening film “The Curse and the Symphony” directed by David Schulte. The director and subject of the film, Nathan Felix, will be in attendance. Closing night enjoy a select screening of “Reflect Reclaim, Rejoice: Preserving the Gift of Black Sacred Music,” directed by Henri Giles, followed by a rousing performance by the Antioch Baptist Choir.
- Panel Discussion: Behind the Lens, the Making of a Documentary
A panel of visiting filmmakers discuss the technique and experiences unique to the making of a documentary film.
- Sundae Sunday – Enjoy a selection of audience choice films from the 2014 festival and a make-your-own sundae bar!
- Festival awards ceremony and after-party