This spring, Cleveland will once again be buzzing with excitement as it hosts super heroes and film crews. Partnering with the production company and the Greater Cleveland Film Commission on this film will help position Cleveland to become a location destination for the movie industry and in turn, support local businesses and create jobs for Cleveland area residents. But transforming the streets into a movie set will require some temporatry road closures and alternate routes for motorists and pedestrians from May 18 through June 28, 2013 (weather permitting).
City staff, including the Division of Traffic & Engineering and the Division of Police, Bureau of Traffic, have been working with the production company, traffic-engineering consultant American Roadway Logistics and GCRTA to develop a plan to accommodate the needs of the film and help keep traffic moving throughout the city as smoothly as possible.
- The production company will pay for additional Police Officers and Traffic Controllers to supplement the standard traffic detail for rush hours, special events and routine travel; and to ensure that the coordinated effort is effectively assisting traffic flow.
- Primary among the road closures and alternate routes will be Cleveland's West Shoreway, which will be closed (east and west bound) from Lake Avenue to E. 9th Street from May 30th through June 14th. Edgewater Park and the marinas north of the Shoreway will be accessed via West 49th St. Vehicles exiting Edgewater Park and the marinas will be directed out through the closed Westbound lanes of the Shoreway back to West 49th Street.
- Other street closures and re-routing will occur in Downtown Cleveland, primarily between May 19th and June 14th. Additional closures may occur between June 14th and June 28th.
- Updates will be provided on a regular basis through additional traffic advisories, press releases and social media. Follow on Twitter via #CLECaptTraffic. You may also view a list of closures and reroutes at www.clevelandmovietraffic.com or listen to an automated list of street closures that will be updated on a weekly basis at 866-999-4959.
- Indians fans looking for information on the best ways to avoid limited road closures should visit ""Indians.com/planyourtrip".
- Pedestrians in Downtown Cleveland can look for Downtown Cleveland Alliance Ambassadors' yellow shirts. DCA Ambassadors will guide pedestrians and connect them to up-to-date information from officials.
- Various road closures may affect RTA customers. Please visit www.riderta.com or to call the RTAnswerline at 216.621.9500 for all the details.